Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Today

Today we had to make funeral arrangements for our little boy. Hardest thing we have ever had to do by far in our life. The morning started off a little somber. I woke up first and headed down stairs to pump. I heard Sam walk down the stairs and stopped at the top of the second set and look through the rail. He said "whatcha doin Honey?" I said getting some milk to take to Kassidy. He sat there for a moment and then said in the sweetest little voice "Jesus is holding Kameron"
My heart jumped and tears came yet again. My little Sammy had been comforted and inturn comforted me!
We decided to take Sam to school today so we could make our arrangements. We got to the mortuary at 11 and went into a big room. We talked about where we were going to lay him to rest at first. So hard. We decided that we wanted to be near him when we passed, so we bought 3 plots today. His plot is close to a tree and on a slight hill. The view of the mountains is amazing. It was hard to stand where my little boy will be buried.
We continued with the obituary,picking out his casket (Such a small little thing, 2 ft is all) and picking flowers out. The mortuary was very helpful and accomadating. They donate their services for children, we just had to purchase his plot.
I can not believe how fast our lives have changed in the last couple days. Although we only had a short time with him, we are so lucky he chose us to be his parents. He has brought us closer together and we cant wait to be with him again. I am so blessed to have my eternal family. To have friends and family that care so much that they drop everything to help us in our time of need. Clint and I have had a rough time building our little eternal family and have certainly had our ups and downs. I understand that these trials are meant to help us be stronger together as a couple and as parents. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of us, it might not always be clear or how we thought things would turn out, but we sure have felt his love the whole way. He truely is carrying us through this hard time!
I love my sweet baby Kameron! He is greatly missed by us all and he will definetly never be forgotten. He is in our hearts forever!

7 comments:

aLeXis said...

Danielle....thank you so much for writing this down and for sharing it all. Your strength and testimony are truly so uplifting and inspiring. You are an amazing family and we are so blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for your friendship. We love you guys so much!!!

Sharee said...

I can only imagine the heartbreak that your family is going through. Thank you for sharing Kameron's story and your testimony. I understand the struggle of having a family as well which is probably why I was bawling as I read this sweet sad story. I will pray for your family's continued comfort and peace. I know you will see your sweet Kameron again.

Darcee said...

Clint and Danielle, I am so so sorry for your loss. We will keep you in our prayers.

Maria said...

Danielle, Thank you for sharing you experience. It brings back such bitter sweet memories of our sweet baby neice Zoey that passed away 2 months ago. Lindquist also did her service and they did a beautiful job. Your testimony is amazing! You are such an example. I'm glad you'll have the chance to be with Kameron again. We'll keep Kassidy and the rest of your family in our prayers.

Amy said...

Danielle, I just have to thank you for sharing your testimony! It is such a comfort that families are forever. I wish so bad I was still there and could help in any way I can! Please know that I am thinking of you and your family... you are in my heart and my prayers constantly! Kameron and Kassidy and Sam are so incredibly lucky to have you as a mom! I know without a doubt that you will be able to raise Kameron... then you can give him all the kisses you want (and some bum squishes!) I love you!!

Janiel said...

I'm a friend of Robin Layton and my heart goes out to you and your family. That is one hard challenge and I admire your strengh and courage.

The Nance Family said...

Your strength is amazing to write this and share this, you are doing so great. We are just so thankful that we are an eternal family. Your courage and love is so heartfelt. I wish I was there with you all of this day in need.

Love you!