Friday, May 7, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Today was Kameron's funeral......

After a restless night, we awoke to a beautiful day. We left early this morning to get to the mortuary to set up and have some time alone with our little boy. I didn't quite know how I was feeling this morning. A little mad, hurt, exhausted and at peace all at the same time. Does that even make any sense?? Walking in and seeing his small white casket was completely devastating though. I couldnt stop the flood of tears. I couldnt believe this was happening, that this was my baby. A baby I never got to hear laugh or hear I love you mommy. I had so many hopes and dreams for him and they were all laying right in front of me in that little tiny box. That was an image I thought I would never have to see. Parents are suppose to out live their children, aren't they?? Instead Kameron will be waiting for me and greating me when it is time.

Kameron's little life was represented so preciously, with little keepsakes and momentos. We are lucky to have his precious hand and feet molds, pictures and even a lock of his hair. The hospital put it all together for us, it meant so much! The flowers were beautiful as well. Everytime I see a daisy, I will be reminded of my pure sweet little Kameron.

Throughout this entire week, Clint has been my pillar of strength, he just knows when to catch me and hold me and when to just let me be. As people walked through the line today, every now and then I would feel 3 gentle squeezes on my hand. (our little silent I Love You) He really is the reason I can make it through each day. Thank you babe, I love you forever and always!

I can not even begin to express my gratitude for the amount of friends and family that came and showed their support for us today. The director said he was amazed at the amount of support we have. He said more people came to Kameron's service than some 70 year old men.
Truely, thank you. My cup runneth over......


Our Precious Little Kameron:

Words can not express the sorrow we are feeling in your loss. Although we knew you for such a short time here on earth, our lives are forever changed. You brought so much joy to our hearts; your presence will be with us always. We are grateful for our eternal family and know that we will all be together again! You have helped strengthen our family’s bond forever. We will always be a family full of love and happiness.
We know Heavenly Father has a special plan for you Kameron. We don’t fully understand it, but surely it involved escorting your little sister to us. Please watch over us and help keep us strong. Let us be comforted by your pure and innocent love.
We are truly grateful you chose us to be your parents. You were a gift meant to come but not to stay. Sleep well little Kameron in the arms of our Heavenly Father…..Until we meet again!

Love,

Mom & Dad

5 comments:

Jamie said...

What a beautiful tribute to sweet little Kameron. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to make the funeral today. Isn't it so comforting to know that you'll see him again? What a blessing the gospel is. You guys are in our prayers. Keep us updated on little Kassidy.

Robin said...

The funeral was so beautiful. You guys are so strong! Danielle you need to rest and take care of yourself now! If there is anything we can do please let us know!

Maria said...

A beautiful tribute! Wish I could have been there, we're thinking of your family1

The Bruces said...

I am so moved by your amazing strength and testimony..... I cant begin to imagine what you are feeling or are going through but just know you are in our prayers and if you need anything let me know!

Sharee said...

I wish I would have been able to come. You are such sweet parents! Thanks you for sharing this part of your life with the rest of us. I am truly blessed for hearing your story and the strength you have as a family. I love the letter to Kameron it fits so perfectly. You are an amazing family.