Today I woke up early and went up to the hospital. Clint and Sam left last night for a father son camp trip. So I thought I would spend some girl time with my princess before they got home today.
She had one of her primary nurses today, nurse "B". Having her primary nurses sure makes things better. They are comforting and reassuring even when some of her test results are scary. Having nurse "B" there today totally made my day. I love it when I can leave there smiling rather than in tears.
Kassidy was having some trouble on her ventilator early this morning, she did get a bigger tube by the way, her blood gas was bad. So they did some tweaking and redrew the blood a couple hours later (while I was there) It came back perfect!! Since then she has been comin down on her oxygen. She was in the 60's and while I was there she was 37, normal breathing off the vent is like 20. So she is doing wonderful.
While I was there, I changed her bum. Which was a MASSIVE poopy diaper. Up her back massive, and I loved every minute of changing that little dirty bum!
Also, I got to do something a little sneaky today! Her nurse raised up her islet top and I got to sneak her a little smooch on her forehead. LOVED IT!!! She is so soft and so precious. Looking at her is just like looking at an angel straight from heaven.
While I was staring at her, I had an overwhelming feeling of thankfulness for Kameron. He has blessed our family in so many ways. Such a perfect little spirit.
Clint and Sam had so much fun camping and fishing with the ward. Pictures of that to come, they had to use the old school disposable camera. Sam is now a die hard camper....uh oh for me, out numbered again!! Since ya know my idea of camping is staying in a hotel or KOA! :)
1 comment:
How cute! I wanna come with you one of these days to see kassidy...if thats ok let me know!! I have got to see her in person!
Love you girl
Berly
Post a Comment