This is a picture of my sweet nephew Champ and I. My sister captured a tender moment I was having with him. It was so wonderful holding this beautiful child in my arms, but I couldnt help but wish I was holding my little boy. I still ache for Kameron......
Strength in Experience
When we face our challenges, we must seek greater help from
God. Even the Savior of us all found a need to pray “more
earnestly” as He was in the Garden of Gethsemane. We can learn to
gain great faith if we do this. We must remember that often the answers
from our Heavenly Father do not remove the trial from us, but instead He
helps strengthen us as we pass through the experience. As He did for the
followers of Alma, the Lord can “ease the burdens which are put upon
your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs.” In our
trials, let us not become bitter or uncommitted, but let us follow the
Savior’s example of becoming more earnest, more sincere, and more
faithful.
-James B. Martino, “All Things Work Together for Good,” Ensign, May 2010, 101–3
Strength in ExperienceWhen we face our challenges, we must seek greater help from
God. Even the Savior of us all found a need to pray “more
earnestly” as He was in the Garden of Gethsemane. We can learn to
gain great faith if we do this. We must remember that often the answers
from our Heavenly Father do not remove the trial from us, but instead He
helps strengthen us as we pass through the experience. As He did for the
followers of Alma, the Lord can “ease the burdens which are put upon
your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs.” In our
trials, let us not become bitter or uncommitted, but let us follow the
Savior’s example of becoming more earnest, more sincere, and more
faithful.
-James B. Martino, “All Things Work Together for Good,” Ensign, May 2010, 101–3
I read this this from my wards relief society newsletter and felt the truthfulness in it. I hear all the time, "I cant believe how strong you are" I really feel like this trial in our life is made lighter because of our Heavenly Father. We can endure this because he has lifted the burden from our shoulders. He did not take it all away, but he made it bearable. For this we are grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment