Thursday, July 8, 2010

68 days

Tonight I got to do my skin to skin time again for about 2 1/2 hours. This will now become something more frequent, probably everytime I go up. HOORAY!! She is going well, had her 3rd eye exam today and it still showed immature vessels with no ROP. Which is good still. Crossin our fingers every week. She is now completely off her methadone and is doing fine with that. We got to start bottle feeding protocols tonight. Which was giving her 1 ml of milk with a syringe while she sucked on her pacifier. I got to do this while Clint held her. She did amazing!! It really tuckered her out too. We put her to bed tonight completely zonked, it was cute. She also got her feeding tube moved from her mouth to her nose. Which she threw a big fit when the nurse was trying to get it in. Glad we were not there to witness that though. We love this, because now we can see her little lips and kiss em better!!

She is still having some struggles with a's and b's. Which is when her heart rate and oxygen drop. But she comes out of it on her own and she seems to do it around the same times, which they said can indicate reflux. They seem to not be too worried.

During our skin to skin time, I found that she loves her head rubbed. each time her oxygen would drop a little I would rub her head and it would come back up! Love her soft hair too.

I read a few books to her tonight and she does not like dinosaurs. She really is partial to princesses.

She also got dressed in jammies again tonight because they are going to try and put her into an open crib again. They raised her islet top and turned off the heat. If she does well with that then she could be in a crib tomorrow. Yay!

Tonight we sat in the waiting room in between shift change and met with 2 new families. One had a 24 wk baby just on the 4th. We let that couple come see Kassidy and see that things do get better. The other family had a term baby just last night that just wouldnt breathe on his own. We all have such different situations, but have the same emotions. No one family hurts more than the other. Clint and I are now one of the older families. It was nice to be able to give advice and support. Kassidy is one of the "popular" kids on the block now!! :)

We love our times with other families. Makes things so much easier. I also love to be able to see their babies and show mine off.

Here are some pictures of our little photo shoot tonight. She was being so stinkin cute, finding her fingers and looking all around. So fun!

My favorite!



Our skin to skin time, she was tryin to find her thumb!
Found it!

Just lovin momma!
Nurse "M" is back tonight from her week long vacation! FINALLY! She should have her now for 5 nights in a row! WOO HOO! Have I said how much we love her? I even had to text her while she was gone to tell her all the good news about Kassidy. Love that we have that kind of relationship with her.

4 comments:

The Nance Family said...

I haven't checked your blog all week, been at Girl's Camp. I was amazed at how big Cassidy look. Kobe said that she was beautiful. We can't wait to see you all, coming soon enough! :)

The Bruces said...

Reading your blog brings back so many memories when my girls were in the hospital.... all the milestones and I remember the first time they got to be in a crib also.....
You are so amazing and keep hanging in there because soon this will be a distant memory.....
Again if you ever need anything at all you can call me or text! Kassidy is so beautiful and so lucky to have you as a Mommy! :)

Amy said...

Oh my goodness!!!! She looks so incredible! What a sweetheart! She really looks great! Beautiful princess!!

Sharee said...

She is so beautiful and looking so great! I love hearing all the great news, what a fighter. She is already a diva and I love her attitude already.