Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sunday the 4th

Sunday's are our favorite days to go see Kassidy. It is mellow around the unit and we get to spend all day there! I love that, seriously I could live there. Our morning started out with watching her get her cpap retaped. Which ticked her off, but we got to see her whole face! Pretty much love her mad face! We left early Sunday and took Sam to Clints parents so he could go to church with them. He of course loves when we drop him off! Once the resp. therapist was done she was all better. Then I got to hold her skin to skin. This is the greatest feeling in the entire world, I dont know why I never did this with Sam. Such a bonding moment. Highly recommend this to all you gals havin babies.I got to hold her for 2 1/2 hours. I was even lucky enough to fall asleep with her it was that relaxing for the both of us. I read to her and sang to her all while Clint gave me a foot massage. Hello, can you say worlds greatest husband?! Her nurse that day was one we had when she was first admitted and we loved her but she was already taken as a primary. But now her baby went home, so we added a 5th primary. Although we are only allowed 4, we got to sneak her in! Hooray!! Nurse "M.V" not to be confused with our other nurse "M" :)


Dont you just how Clint adores her? She is such a lucky little girl.At her 6 o'clock cares, the nurses decided she needed to try out an open crib. She is getting older and is 4 lb 2 oz now so she should be able to have a big girl bed. I got to dress her in her very first pair of jammies, which are preemie and she is about grown out of them! :) Hard to believe yes I know.Here is her big girl bed all ready for her.She looks just like a little peanut all bundled up. She had a lot happen to her that day and she also had her immunizations on Saturday. So all kinds of things goin on for her and she has done so well. We got home that night at about 10 and called back to check on her. Right after they left they took her off cpap and put her on the nasal cannula. We could not wait to get there in the morning to see her. Really, so proud of her!
It was so hard to leave her when we got to be so close with her. She is just amazing.
We got home at about 10:30 and where just in time to catch the tail end of our neighbors fireworks. Sam was alright with them at first, even held a sparkler, then he was done. He hated the loud ones, so he ran home. Thanks Rasbands for letting us come over!

No comments: