Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Giving Thanks

We started Thanksgiving by visiting the Layton side of the family at Tony Divino in Ogden. It was my family's year, but we really wanted to show Kassidy off and get a picture with Grandma Darlene.
 Aunt Sharon was first to get a snuggle....
 Grandma Darlene,Kassidy and Clint...This was all I got for pictures because we left right after so we could make dinner at my parents house. Sam running around the showroom cars, was enough to give me a heart attack.....
 Clint carving the ham and my mom carving the turkey...
 While dinner was getting prepared, Debbie brought her rockband and the kids got to jam out..Sam and I were the only ones brave enough to sing.
 Lukey on the drums...
 The big bad rockstar himself. Check out Dakota's new class ring, I know where did that time go?
 Papa lovin his baby girl
 Debbie being the fabulous aunt, had lots of activites planned...Here they are making shrinky dinks. Then she gave them all goofy suckers and a transformer! Seriously, worlds coolest aunt right?!


 Luke's was the funniest. It just fit him perfectly.
 This little one just took a little snooze on her daddy's lap
 mmm, I love her face!
 Champ was all smiles as long as he was on his mommas lap! I love his chubby cheeks! I wish he would let me squish em!!
 Next project, making candy canes out of beads to take up to Kamerons spot.
 We took him some yellow flowers and some of our beaded crafts. Clint had to scrape the snow/ice off his headstone. This is eveyones first visit since his headstone was placed. It was FREEZING, so our visit was short.
 The sunset behind his spot.....

 Sam had to throw a snowball real quick, thats what brothers do right?
(After that though, his hands were so frozen, he cried all the way home because they hurt so bad.)
We came home to these 2 crashed out on the couch. Then we played card games for a few hours. King and Scum was brought back and oh how I love it when Daren is the scum!! haha
 Then it was time for a photo shoot with my little turkey...

 Yeah, I borrowed one of Kassidy's flowers that day. How fun is that!?!

 My favorite! She kept making this cute little face and I was glad to capture it. She is 100% pure sass. Look out, I think she will be giving us a run for our money!!




Every year me and my sister spend the night at my moms and then wake up early to go shopping! Well, we pretty much just stay up. This year, there was not a whole lot any of us really wanted, but we still wanted to go just for the thrill of it. Well, my mom headed to bed early and Sam fell asleep so we thought we would go try Toys R Us since they opened at 10 and it was 11, so maybe the lines had died down. Yeah right, it was pure MADNESS. So we bagged it and thought we would just walk around Walmart to kill time until we could go wake up mom. Yeah, we didnt get the memo that Walmart did their doorbusters at midnight! We completely missed out, we were so ticked! We bagged it all and went to bed. We woke up at 7 and still was able to get what we wanted. Hmmm, maybe that is the way to go? It was a fantastic day spent shopping and laughing with my 2 favorite gals!!

Really we have so much to be thankful for this year. We are thankful for family and friends that support us through our darkest times and through wonderful celebrations. We have incredible parents and we only hope to be as wonderful as they are. I am thankful for my sweet children and the spirit they have brought to our lives. I love all 3 of them so dearly and can not believe I get to be their mommy....
I am blessed to be married to the greatest guy I know (next to my daddy of course) Seriously Clint is amazing, he is my rock when I feel like the world is crumbling around me. He is my best friend and is a wonderful father!
I am thankful for the savior and for the knowledge that families really are forever. I am grateful for these experiences (good and bad) that have strengthened my testimony and made me a stronger person this year.
We are thankful to the U of U nurses and dr's that helped take care of our percious little twins. These wonderful people are forever a part of our family! It is a miracle to see the love, kindness, support, knowledge, strength and determination these people have in saving these precious little spirits. We also are thankful to the amazing families we met there. They gave us hope, strength and faith to keep going! Im so glad our paths crossed with all these wonderful people!
To everything there is a purpose, in tragedy I was blinded, but as I look back now I can see purpsoe in it all!

My heart is full of thanks and we hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: