Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 50/Gestational age 31

Wednesday I went to visit Kassidy, Clint escorted me but didnt go in because he has been feeling sick. We also stayed for a parent to parent pizza party. I enjoyed it, nice to be with people going through the same thing. When you tell your story they understand exactly what you are feeling. There was even a lady there who had twins, a boy and a girl at 23 weeks and her little boy died at day 2. Her little girl is now close to going home. She gave us hope......
I am very happy to report lil miss K is now on the conventional ventilator! HOORAY! She is doing very well with breathing on her own, this machine allows her to do that but helps her if she forgets.
She weighs 2 lb 15 oz. and they turned off her humidity in her islet yesterday. That should help dry her out and keep the bad bugs from growing!! She is on her antibiotics til Tuesday and is getting albuterol treatments every 6 hours to help her lungs. Once the meds are done they are going to give her steroids to help get her off the vent entirely. So hopefully all goes according to plan. One thing she is doing that freaks me out is she is having bronchospasms, which makes her heart rate drop like into the 90's, then it comes back up. They are not too worried because she is correcting it herself and they hope the albuterol and steroids will help. Her poor little lungs.....
She will also start her eye exams and visits with a physical therapist with in the next couple weeks. She is at risk for having some eye problems because of being on the vent for so long, but they said if it is too bad she'll just have lasik eye surgery before she comes home. The Physical therapist will help with range of motion so she is not so stiff. They will actually come to the house once she comes home too.
She is tolerating her feeds and is growing just like she should be.
Friday I spent the morning with her and we had a special bonding moment. When I got there she had been up and down on her oxygen and was kinda being a wild child. Since I couldnt hold her I decided to just read to her. I Didnt have anything to read but the people magazine, so she got to hear all about the latest gossip. It mellowed her out and stablized her so well, I read her 2 magazines cover to cover. She loved hearing mommy so close and the girl loves her gossip. All the nurses walking by kept laughing, but hey whatever works right? I hated to leave her yesterday, I cant wait for our girl days at home.
Nurse "M" took some great pictures for us again this week. And I made her change her bow, she has been wearing pink long enough, the girl needs to accessorize....
She has started to suck a little, so she likes her little binkee every once in awhile....
Pretty dang cute!

4 comments:

Sharee said...

Cute, cute, cute!

*K* said...

she is beautiful!

Jamie Hamblin said...

Look how big she is getting!

benandnatty said...

Danielle, she is so dang cute! I am so happy things are going well with her!