Sunday, June 6, 2010

1 month old pictures

Nurse "M" left us some great 1 month old pictures yesterday! Kassidy likes to wake up at 4 am and look around, I guess because she knows we get up at that time too! I am totally in love with this little girl. She is simply beautiful. She is starting to get a little double chin!! LOVE IT!
So cute wide awake! Cant wait to have her home waking us up! I will never for once be bothered when she wakes up needing her mommy. The things people take for granted is what I long for.Full length. The blanket around her chest is for restraining her. She tends to get fiesty and pull on her tubes. Pure Sass.This one is my absolute favorite! She looks so perfect and alert! She has her little binky infront of her. Every now and then they give it to her to see if she will suck. They said she likes it.

Yesterday I went up to the hospital alone because Clint had to work. I got there and they were just about to do another pic line (the one the night beofre swelled up and they took it out) so her islet top was lifted up. The lady said she would give me an hour and come back. I got to sit that whole time holding her hand and kissing her little fingers. Right before I left, the infection control team came in. Told me that all her blood, urine and spinal fluid came back negative. That it must just be in her lungs. The spinal fluid showed lots of cells, but they were unsure if that was becasue of her brain bleeds. They decided to give her a 2nd antibiotic and make her stay on them for 3 weeks instead of 2, just to be cautious. All in all though, they are all amazed by her. She is such a fighter and so stinkin cute!

She had a male nurse yesterday, who was AMAZING! I was unsure about how gentle a guy could be with these little ones. But oh my gosh he was great. He had washed her hair and gave her a little faux hawk, (I think her hair will be curly just like Sams because the sides were wavy.) So cute! He then said he read to her, but all he could find was a People magazine, so they read all about the stars together.

We have had a great couple of days and are grateful for all that we have been blessed with this week! Thank you for all your prayers and support! Look at how those prayers have been answered by looking at her sweet face! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures, they are PERFECT....she is so cute. I can't wait til I can squish that bum!! :)

Maria said...

So glad she is doing well! She is beautiful!!!!

Debra said...

She is a DOLL! So glad things were good this week, I'm sad they changed our route and I won't be your VT anymore, (not that I was great at it) but I'm glad its summer and we'll be able to have some play dates.

Amy said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!! I love her beautiful eyes! I can see why you're completely smitten with her. I love the story about the male nurse... People magazine? Priceless!!! You're in my prayers.