We made it 107 days in the NBICU! This journey has been full of its ups and downs. We have had lots of heartache and tearful nights but we also felt joy and excitement in each of Kassidys milestones. We are all survivors......
I am getting teary just writing this entry. I feel like it is the last chapter of this journey and our story changes. Change is hard even when it is for the better. We have learned so much in what seemed like an eternity but actually was but a small moment.
We have loved and lost in that hospital and have been forever changed by this experience. The people that have come into our lives there are truely heaven sent. I am so glad that our paths have crossed. You are all in our hearts forever. Thank you.
I have a testimony that I know our Heavenly Father loves us. That through our most difficult trials he has not left us alone, he is really carrying us and giving us strength through the journey. I am grateful to have a wonderful husband that holds the priesthood and can give our children blessings of strength and comfort when they need it the most. I believe miracles happen through these blessings and Kassidy is proof of that. I am so thankful to have an eternal family and that someday we will get to hold our little Kameron again and oh how we will rejoice when that day comes!!
I also know our prayers are heard and are answered, just not always in the ways we want them to be. In the quiet of the early mornings is when I ask for my strength, strength to make it through the day and before I go to bed I give thanks for letting me make it through one more day.
I love our families and friends, knowing that we have such support around us has made this whole experience possible.
We are blessed.......
Through all of this we hope to be an inspiration to those struggling with infertility, loss and people trying to survive the NBICU.
Here are a few pictures of our first and last days at the U.....
Kassidy.....Cant believe she was once that small. So hard to look back at these pictures.

Daddy lovin his princess



Her little beach bum outfit.

Love those bright eyes!!



Clint trying to take a little nap on our "room in" day.

These last pictures are of Kassidys incredible primary nurses. All the nurses there were great, these we just got to call ours!! We love them all and are grateful they helped our little girl!
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Nurse "J". We loved how sweet and sincere she was. Any weird question I had she would search and find me an answer! And really I did have some weird questions. She gave us Kassidy's first handprints too, that were perfect!!

Nurse "M.V" I wanted her as a primary nurse since Kassidys was first admitted, but she had another primary at the time, so when they left we got to snag her. She is so funny and light hearted. We loved when she worked, especially the day Kassidy had her surgery. She was good at setting us at ease and comforting us!

Nurse "B" even though she was stolen from us by another family, we still loved to harrass her! She is super smart and so good with Kassidy even when she was across the hall, she always checked on her. Im glad she got to take care of Kassidy one last time before we left!!

Nurse "L" Oh how I love her. Such a funny lady! I loved spending fridays there when she worked, made the day go by so fast. She was so good with Kassidy and with us. We are so glad she was there through all the ups and downs and that she could explain things without being insensitive. (well maybe couldve been a little more sensitive when I asked about her head...hahaha) Kassidy had alot of firsts with her and we were glad she was there to "teach" us our discharge class and to walk us out of the hospital. She is a little fiesty firecracker just like Kassidy.

And Nurse "M" I think she was meant to have little Kassidy for a reason. Kassidy loved her and did so good when she had her. If mommy couldnt always be there it was a good thing nurse 'M" was!! She is so thoughtful and caring. We owe all our cute signage and footprints to this lady. She also thought of Kassidy at each of her birthdays. She would send us text messages early in the morning to tell us how the night went and pictures of what she looked like that day. She was there during our difficult times, even took time out of her weekend off to return my phone call and help calm my nerves. Whenever something good happened she was one of the first we wanted to call. She is an AMAZING person!! Also, Clint is so proud he was the one who picked her!!
We love these ladies so so much and hope to always stay in touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment