Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sam's birthday

The morning of Sam's birthday was the day we left, so we woke him up early to open his present. I love to theme things so, he got woody and buzz and a musical card that plays "you got a friend" He loved them, I have had them for 4 months so it was hard not to give it to him early.



Our flight was at 4:20 and Clint likes to get places like 8 hours early. I talked him into letting us stop at the beach before we headed to the airport. That is why we are not in swimsuits, it was a spur of the moment thing! We had to let Sam see the beach....We stopped at Venice beach, BEAUTIFUL!!! I really should have planned better so we had more time there because of course Sam loved it and freaked when we left. At least he has seen the ocean and put his feet in it!!It was a great day, perfect temp. perfect end to my baby's birthday!!!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are fabulous pictures and memories! Those scrapbook pages will be quite the project!! I'm glad you got to go, you'll have those memories forever!!! (I'm glad you are home though)

stacy said...

happy birthday sammy! it looks like you had so much fun in cali. i am so freakin jealous, have i told you that? what dang cute pictures.
so i have been around. you know, doing the mom thing. paxton started school this week so pretty much we are just tryin to get into a routine. let play...call me!

Brett and Michelle said...

Wow! Tons of cute pictures! Happy B-day Sam! I LOVE Disneyland, remember when we went when we were like 12 or something. That was my first time there. SO much fun! It was way good to see you at the mall. I really wanted to stay and talk, but I had just had a bad dizzy spell and needed to eat, plus my pregnant bladder had about had it. I really want to get together sometime and let Sam and Kennedy play. Then we can sit and talk about the good old days.

Robin said...

Happy Birthday, Sam! That picture on the beach with his name in the sand is so cute!

Jamie said...

So cute!! He is getting so big! I wish I could go to Disneyland!

Brett and Michelle said...

Ok I just have to respond on here to your comments on my blog. I was seriously laughing so so hard at all those memories. I had so much fun when we went on our shopping spree and got matching everything! But I must say those ponchos were awesome!=)Remember how we would wear tights under out shorts with some outfits? Oh and the kid that lived across the street, that was such a huge disappointment when he came closer. Ok that sounds really rude. Thanks for leaving all the memories on there I am seriously still laughing about it. I REALLY want to get together and hang out. Call me when you have a free day.