Saturday, November 20, 2010

What a week....

This week has been the most CRAZY, HECTIC week EVER!! I went back to work on Monday. Really where did 12 weeks go?? On top of that, I started to get sick on Sunday. What a way to start my first day back....Sick....
I left my little Kassidy with my friend Lori (we go all the way back to 4th grade) It was heartbreaking for me, but mostly for Sam. He cried, "no, mom we cant leave her" He made it harder for me but, so cute though....He went to school and then spent the rest of the time with papa Pugmire. He really did not like being apart from his sister, but loved playing with papa....

Work though, was fantastic, I absolutely love everyone I work with. They are amazing! My Dr had some fun welcome back gifts waiting for me on my desk. (they were actually things on my list of demands) Things like white out, my special blue pens, post it tabs and coke! Wonderful huh?! p.s not all demands were met....

Tuesday my mom watches them and by Tuesday I was completely sick. I had a horrible sore throat, headache, cough and congestion. I left work, did my visiting teaching and then had to go back to work. By the time I came home, I just wanted to crash. So Clint let me take a bath and then went and picked up some medicine and some dinner. While he was gone our home teachers came, that he forgot to tell me were coming. So embarrassing in my bath robe and wet hair. Then my super sweet neighbor brought over a gift for Kassidy and saw me and my house at its finest! So embarrasing, so sorry you witnessed it Deborah but thank you for the cute outfit and the bracelet, I love it. Clint let me go to bed early and alone that night. Such a great husband! I love his guts!!!

Wednesday my sister-in-law Katie watches them and takes Sam to school since him and Luke are in the same class. Sam also gets to go to a sports program with Luke on Wednesday. Im hoping that will be good for him, since lets face it the kid has no coordination. Sorry Clint he gets it from me!! Wednesday Sam was completely wiped out. When Luke and Sam are together they are WILD! It is chaos, so sorry Katie. :) I went to a great relief society function and learned how to "simplify" and then went to my friend Daja's for a uniquely chic boutique party. Fun evening with great women!! I also had to make birthday invites for an upcoming cowgirl party...So stay tuned for that!

Thursday is my only full day and they both go to my friend Lori's house. She was so thoughtful and made us pumpkin bread on Monday and then did crafts on Thurday. Love it!! I delivered my invites to one happy customer and then headed home. Clint and I were so excited to sleep in a little. Since we both have fridays off now. (perfect huh?!) Kassidy wasnt having that though, she was such a little stinker and was up every hour. I think this new schedule is throwing her off a bit, because she really hasnt been herself. So it was kinda freaking me out....

Friday I had to do treats for Sam's unbirthday party at school (we did store bought rice krispie treats and I made acorns out of hershey kisses and mini nilla wafers) and we made a poster all about him. It turned out so cute. He wrote his name at the top and that is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love his handwriting. It makes me laugh. Clint and I had an appointment and then we decided to take Kassidy in to our family Dr. just to make sure she wasnt getting my yucky sickness before the weekend. Outcome is she is fine, perfect actually. I just think she is getting use to her new surroundings. She absolutely loved Dr Van Staden, she was all smiles. So cute...He is a great family Dr if your looking for a new one by the way. (little plug for ya G-dogg)
I also worked for what I thought would be a 30 min thing, but turned into 4 hours. I am officially all caught up now though. Hopefully I wont need to come in on my day off again...Thanks Clint for hanging around there with me though.
We ended the night with dinner and a trip to the Ogden Temple with our friends the Clarks. We love hanging out with them! Except these last 2 times now I have been a bundle of emotions, sorry Steph! :)
This was our first trip to the temple since Kameron passed. I dont know why it took us so long because seriously it was AMAZING. I really felt closer to my baby. Beautiful images of him ran through my mind the whole time. I am grateful for my eternal family and that Kameron is in heaven waiting for us.
I also love seeing Clint in white, so heavenly. Perfect way to end a work week.
oh yeah, Sam sleeping at nana Pugmire's helps too!! ;)

Today we celebrated my brothers birthday at my moms. I Love getting together with family. It gets a little loud and crazy, but is so fun. Happy 36th birthday big brother. I love ya tons....

I am feeling better, sort of. Still congested but better. Kassidy is still acting different and not interested in eating. She eats but it takes her an hour to finish 4 oz. So yes, I am still FREAKING out. I really need to learn how to shut my mind off sometimes. I have a tendancy to make small things into huge things. I am hoping she will be back to normal next week.....
Kassidy is going to be a big girl tonight and sleep in her crib for the first time! (she has been in a bassinet, which is getting too small) So fingers crossed she likes it!!


P.S. SARAH.....Get back to work!! :)

1 comment:

Bruce Family said...

We are so happy to have you back at work - even though I know it is hard to leave your little ones. I really liked the P.S. : )